Looking at your credit card statement 1 dollar here, 5 dollars there probably won’t jump out and grab your attention (unless it is at a questionable establishment; although, I don’t think you can use a credit card at those types of places). Some of these little expenses you won’t even see on your bill because you’re simply paying extra. Most financial blogs/gurus/experts/etc. agree that the little expenses are where budgets frequently get off track.
Just so you don’t think I’m being smug here, this list consists primarily of mine and Husband’s own little budget busters. I’m not sure why I’m continuing to write this magnificent introduction, considering most of you are already scanning the list below. Hey! My eyes are up here!
Eh, whatever, without further ado, here’s the stinking list you animals.
1. Music – $1/song is so much easier to let slip than the $19.99/CD of olden days.
2. Apps – probably the best marketing concept EVER; kudos to Apple. Tell me, why is it that I am so inclined to spend $2.99 on a game that launches birds at pigs? I don’t know either, but I am.
3. Chick Drinks – when McDonald’s introduced any drink for $1 I was just thrilled. One Diet Coke per day was already in our budget (it’s important to me, don’t make a fuss). However, with the price so low, I suddenly found myself justifying and extra one here, an extra one there. It was no good for the budget.
4. Man Drinks – I hate going to bars. It’s not the smoke, the loud music, or the handsy dudes (maybe a little bit of the last one); it drives me crazy to see people paying $2, $3, $4 for a drink that comes in a 12 pack for half the cost per beer. But I do do it occasionally for Husband; jeeze, I must really like that man.
5. Great Deals! – the great deal at Target. The too good to pass up deal. The deal that will never ever ever happen again. Wow, that sounds like a good deal. But was it something you already needed? Do you really need it? No? Oh, well maybe its not such a great deal after all.
[click to continue…]
Article publié pour la première fois le 07/09/2010