I will give anyone who can name this movie one high-five (no Googling, cheaters):
“Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies.”
“I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”
The reappearance of Back to School sales is reminding us that the doggone days of summer are just about doggone over (even if the forecast is still showing temperatures in the 100’s here in OK). While school children everywhere (and I) are mourning the closing of the pools, celebrate with their parents by shopping for some great deals (only if you need them, of course).
According to GoogoBits, August is a great time to buy:
- School Supplies
- Department Store Cosmetics
- Bathing Suits
- Linens and Bedding
- Air Conditioning and Fans
- Next Season’s Coats
A couple of additions:
1. There aren’t just good deals on bathing suits in August, but all summer clothes. Now is a good time to stock up on shorts, flip-flops, and other beachy-type wear. Just be sure to store your purchases properly (I recommend space saver bags) to keep them fresh, and in a location you’ll remember (that’s bitten me in the butt more than once).
2. Linens and bedding sales are related to colleges recommencing. You know what else goes on sale for back to college? My favorite: containers! Take the opportunity to get your house in order for cheap(er).
3. Collegiates are also going to need some learning tools. Keep an eye on computers if you are in the market.
4. The end of summer means the packing up of summer’s accessories. Watch for huge deals on picnic wear (plates, cups, etc.), beach towels, coolers, and all other summer-related products.
5. Plan your next year’s home-improvements now, and save a bundle. Patio furniture, lawnmowers, and other home-improvement equipment/decor will all be going on sale soon, so watch for them!